The Waste Reduction Manual: Holiday Edition
Giving without the buying.
Now let's talk about what you can actually gift. Before looking at a physical gift, we like to brainstorm on a few ideas that don't bear the heavy packaging.
Tip #2 - Give Lasting Memories
Give the gift of an experience. You may have already heard this, but paying for something other than a traditional present is a fantastic way of avoiding waste.
Presents in this vein can range from a simple restaurant gift card, all the way to bespoke or personalized services. But what are some more examples you ask? Here’s our list of creative ideas:
- Gift card to a leather goods/watches repair shop ♥️ ♥️
- Fancy dinner out at a local restaurant - prix-fixe menus are a bonus
- A twist on the above: Bottle service at a club or lounge
- Massage or spa day sessions
- Wine tasting and brewery tours (or for the more adventurous, perhaps something a bit more green? 🌿🚬 )
- Field-to-table farm/food tour
- Tickets to a show or concert
- Pet training lessons
- Gym/fitness memberships or intro classes - offer a few months on you
- Indoor rock climbing passes
- Creative arts lessons, think pottery, photography, or paint night classes
- Prepaid online subscriptions for a few months
- Newspapers or magazines
- Calm App
- Netflix/Disney+/Apple TV
Hope this gets your creative juices flowing and inspires you to gift something a bit different this year. It's also perfect for last-minute ideas!